Tucumcari city commissioners had the first reading for Ordinance 1137, which if approved, would amend the city’s uniform traffic code for off-highway motor vehicles.
The ordinance adds a section allowing local authority or the state transportation commission to establish separate speed limits and operating restrictions for all-terrain vehicles.
A second reading will be required before commissioners vote on the ordinance.
Other items before the commission included;
• Approval of resolution 2016-09, a third quarterly budget adjustment.
• Consideration of volunteer services for “Fired Up!,” pageant presented by Veronica Montano.
• Waiving of convention center fees for the high school graduation party.
• Approval of a memorandum of understanding with the State Forestry Division for wildfire suppression.
• Approval of a contract for golf course services with M&M Golf out of Clovis for $46,000.