A suspect in the Shirley Pacheco homicide was released Tuesday from the Quay County Detention Center and now awaits her court date in the Tenth Judicial District Court.
According to court documents:
• Juanita Trujillo, 31, was placed on an ankle monitor system and ordered not to have contact with the four other suspects charged in connection with Pacheco’s death.
• Pacheco was found dead July 9 at her residence on Arapahoe Street in Tucumcari. A witness told police 20-year-old Randall Jones admitted to beating the 33-year-old Tucumcari woman with a claw hammer.
• Trujillo is charged with tampering with evidence, receiving stolen property and harboring or aiding a felon.
Trujillo waived her right to a preliminary hearing Tuesday in Quay County Magistrate Court, thus binding the case over to district court.
A preliminary hearing will determine if the state has enough evidence to proceed to the next phase of the court proceedings.
Henry Martinez 19, of Tucumcari, who is charged with harboring or aiding a felon, was also released on $5,000 bond on July 28 and is scheduled for preliminary hearing on 1:30 p.m., on Aug. 11 in District Court.
Martinez was arrested on July 26, at his place of employment in Tucumcari.
“The remaining individuals in this case will have their preliminary hearing held at district court,” said Paula Chacon, Court Manager.
Jones, who is charged with murder in connection with the Pacheco homicide, will have his preliminary hearing Aug. 10.
Jones is also charged with aggravated burglary, unlawful taking of a motor vehicle, tampering with evidence, conspiracy to tamper with evidence, two counts larceny and two counts receiving stolen property.
Other preliminary hearings scheduled are:
• Jennifer Urioste, 39, Aug. 9. She is charged with tampering with evidence and harboring or aiding a felon.
• Orlando Martinez, 21, Aug. 11. He is charged with tampering with evidence, conspiracy to tamper with evidence, harboring or aiding a felon and receiving of stolen property.
Jones, Trujillo, Martinez, Urioste and Martinez all plead not guilty at their arraignments on July 28.
Jones, Orlando Martinez and Urioste are still being held with no bond at QCDC.
State Police are still searching for Dennis Joseph Hendren, 36, of Tucumcari in connection with Pacheco's death.
Hendren has active warrants for his arrest for tampering with evidence, conspiracy to tamper with evidence and littering.