This appears to be the largest ever Rattler Reunion with about 560 people attending Saturday's dinner.
A highlight of the evening was the crowning of Norma Jean Crellin as Rattler Queen with a standing ovation and cheer.
"I think this is the biggest one ever," said Crellin who is the president of the alumni association.
Rattlers gathered from all classes on Friday and Saturday for the festivities of Rattler Reunion.
Of course, "it's fun to get see all your old friends," said G.L. Hight, who recently retired from farming in Texas.
A new addition to this this year's reunion is the artists gallery showing works of Rattler artists.
And another highlight this year was a presentation by historian David Stratton who gave a presentation on Tucumcari history on Saturday.
Here is the schedule of Rattler Reunion events:
2008 Rattler Reunion Events Schedule
• 6 a.m. – 9 am – Rattler Reunion Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast- Tucumcari Elementary School Cafeteria on 11th Street. Breakfast prices (advanced purchase) adult $3.50, children under eight years $2. Price at the door for all ages is $4. Advance purchase tickets are available from Bob’s Upholstery, 226 East Main and The First National Bank of New Mexico, 101 East Route 66 Blvd.
• 9 a.m. – Parade of classes – Gather at 8:30 a.m. and be ready to go at 9 a.m. The parade route goes east along Route 66 to First Street, south on First Street to Washington Street, west on Washington Street to Eleventh Street, north on Eleventh Street to Route 66 Blvd., and back to the Convention Center.
• 10:30 a.m. – 12 noon – Registration continues – must purchase badge by noon to attend evening events.
• 10:30 a.m. – 12 noon – Class picture
• Noon – Class luncheons – locations TBA
• Noon – Golden Rattler Luncheon – purchase tickets by Friday noon from host class of 1953, $11 – Sit down luncheon catered by Del’s Restaurant.
• 6:30 p.m. – Reunion Social - cash bar.
• 7 p.m. – 2008 Reunion Banquet – Host Class 1978 – prime rib by Del’s Restaurant, admission by registration badge, cash bar.
• 9 p.m. – 12 a.m. – Dance to Limited Edition Band or visit, admission by registration badge, cash bar.