Over 60 organizations and businesses will be at the Quay County Community Wellness Fair on Saturday, including more than 40 health-related exhibits. There is something for everyone, according to organizers.
Here are some of the highlights:
• Car seat safety station for getting information on properly installing your car seat.
• The Kids’ Corner will have lots of games, easy snack ideas, and lots of fun information to help kids and their parents stay healthy.
• Face painting is being offered by TeamBuilders in the Kids’ Corner.
• Wellness Bingo, which is an opportunity to visit lots of booths and earn prizes.
• Over 20 health screenings. Some include stress, fitness, blood pressure, hearing, vision, depression, oximetry, colo-rectal, and body fat.
• Free on-site blood screening which will include LDL and HDL cholesterol, triglycerides, and blood glucose by the The UNM School of Pharmacy and Dan Trigg Memorial Hospital. This is a fasting screening, nothing after midnight. The results will be given at the fair and the screening requires only a finger stick.
• Carotid artery ultrasound for $10 to cover the physician’s time by the Quay County Medical Center. You can to make an appointment for either or both the lipid panel and the carotid artery scan by calling Doris at 461-2656, Ext. 6620.
• American Karate School will be at the fair at 10 a.m. to show the skills of both adult and youth students.
• The Quay-Z Quilters will be providing goodies at the concession stand.
• Tours of the inside of an ambulance and Lifeguard helicopter that sometimes airlifts patients out of our community.
• Intoxication goggles for older children who will be able to see how alcohol affects their vision as they try to walk an obstacle course.
• Vince and Larry, the Crash Test Dummies, will be there to share their safety messages.
• An ID booklet for children of any age will be offered by the Quay County Sheriff’s Office.
• Fill out the Wellness Fair Evaluation for an opportunity to be in a special drawing.
• A Community Resources Directory, gifts, and many, many door prizes donated by the community will be available to fair-goers.
The Quay County Wellness Fair is organized by the Quay County MCCH Council and supported by many organizations and businesses in Quay County. Admission is one can of food or $1, which will be donated to the Ministry of Hope. The fair is from 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday at the Tucumcari Convention Center.