- The following is a sample of calls received during the last few days by the central dispatch office for Quay County, based at the Tucumcari Police Department. According to reports:
- At 3:18 p.m., a female reported a gas skip at a fuel station on South Mountain Road. An officer was given the description of the vehicle. The officer advised that all was OK and that the driver returned to pay for the gas.
- At 4:50 p.m., a probation officer requested an officer at the probation office on East Main Street. One female subject was arrested and transported to the Quay County Detention Center.
- At 10:56 a.m., a female reported a theft at a lounge on West Route 66. An officer was told that a cell phone had been stolen while the female subject was at the bar. The officer advised that all was OK and that the bartender had found the cell phone and placed it behind the bar. The cell phone was returned to the owner.
- At 5:46 p.m., a female reported a burglary on East Hancock Street. An officer advised that someone had broken into a vehicle and stolen a CD player.
• At 10:57 p.m., an officer conducted a traffic stop on South Park Street. One male subject was arrested for DWI and taken to the Quay County Detention Center.
- At 1:50 p.m., a female reported a harassment incident to the police department on East Center Street. An officer was told that when the female subject took her son to his father's house that the father threatened her, and after she left he called her cell phone and left a threatening message.• At 6:25 p.m., a female reported harassment at a fuel stop on South Mountain Road. An officer advised that all was OK. The the subject had left the store.
- At 9:42 a.m., an officer served a warrant at a residence on South Second Street. One female subject was arrested and taken to the Quay County Detention Center for an outstanding Magistrate Court warrant.
- At 1:14 p.m., a hold-up alarm was reported at a bank on South Second Street. An officer advised that all was OK. Bank employees had accidentally set off the alarm.
- At 2:23 p.m., a male reported a burglary at a residence on Quay Road 62. An officer was told that the residence and two vehicles were broken into and that two car stereos and tools were taken.
- At 5:30 p.m., a male reported an unwanted subject at a fuel station on South Rock Island Street. The officer was told that a male subject had been asked several times not to enter the business. The officer advised the male subject to leave and not return.
03-08-08: Police Blotter
Published: Saturday, March 8th, 2008
Click Here To See More Stories Like This