• 2009-10 record: 20-6
• Coach: Rafael Roybal, 6th year, 66-60
• District: 8-1A
• Last state appearance: 1987
• State titles: 1987, 1986, 1935
• Top returning players: Justin Rogers, C, 6-3, Sr.; Hunter Terry, F/G, 6-2, Sr.; Leon Mendoza, P, 6-2, Sr.; Justin Whitecotton, G, 6-2, Jr.; Larkin Lindsey, F, 6-1, Jr.; J’Kobie Lee, PG, 6-1, Sr.
• Top newcomers: W.T. Whitecotton, PG, 6-1, Fr.; Terral Watson, P, 6-2, Fr.
• Outlook: The Broncos graduated leading scorer Chet Chenault (17.1 ppg), but otherwise bring back most of their top players. Senior C Justin Rogers and senior guard J’Kobie Lee are being looked upon early to pick up the scoring slack.
“Justin Rogers, Hunter and Leon (Mendoza) are all seniors, which means they have to be the leaders for the team offensively and defensively,” Floyd coach Rafael Roybal said.
Roybal is also looking expecting production from junior G Justin Whitecotton and freshman PG W.T. Whitecotton, who are cousins.
“Justin Whitecotton is a rebounder, passer and sometimes a scorer for us. W.T. will help out a little bit by filling in at point guard.
• Litmus test: Roybal said the start of district play is when he will know what kind of team they have.
“We’ve got some great teams in this area and tough competition,” Roybal said. “We play most of those teams, by then we will know.”
— Compiled by Clarence Plank