• Coach: Keith Durham, 5th year
• 2009-10 record: 26-5
• Last state appearance: 2010, won Class 2A state title
• District: 4-2A
• Top returning players: Jaylyn Cooper, 5-10, Jr., G; Jordyn Cooper, 5-10, Jr., G; Shaylee Anderson, 6-2, So., P; Delanie Crist, 5-9, Sr., G; Morgan Pinell, 5-7, G, Sr.
• Newcomers: Destinee Sena, 509, Sr., P; Kayla Cox, 5-9, Sr., P
• Outlook: With a solid core from last year’s state title team returning, including a possible Division I prospect in Anderson and the Cooper twins, Texico should certainly be in the running for its fourth state title in five seasons.
Durham said Anderson has lots of potential. “She’s athletic, can move, can handle the ball and she work’s hard. She’s certainly going to play a huge role for us as our primary low-post scorer,” said Durham, who points to defense and rebounding as the keys to his teams’ success. Another potential
difference-maker is Crist, who at 5-9 will cover opposing point guards. “With her size, we’ll really be able to pressure the ball.”
Texico graduated three seniors, including four-year starters Kaitlin Luscombe and Victoria Richards. “We’re going to miss them. We need some players to pick up the slack. The key is players need to find their roles, and accept their roles.”
• Of note: Texico has won three of the last four Class 2A state titles and seven in school history.
• Coach’s comment: “Certainly, our expectations are high. I tell the girls as far as expectations we try to be the best team we can be at the end of the season.” — Durham.