Tularosa 41, Texico 19
Class 2A semifinals
• Records: Texico 6-5, Tularosa 12-0.
• Difference: The defending 2A champion Wildcats scored in all four quarters, and pulled away after halftime by blanking the Wolverines over the final two periods.
• Difference-makers: QB Levi Silva went 14-for-21 for 197 yards and four TDs for the top-ranked Wildcats. RB Sam Sanchez rushed for 96 yards and a touchdown for Tularosa. For Texico, RB Shay Harrison picked up 107 yards on 21 carries and scored a touchdowns while QB Jose Posada completed 11-of-21 passes for 140 yards, throwing for one score and running for another.
• Of note: Tularosa outgained Texico for the game 495-293. The Wildcats collected 298 yards on the ground. … Tularosa will face the winner of today’s Santa Rosa-at-Eunice game in next week’s state championship.
Muleshoe 14, Breckenridge 0
Class 2A Division I area round
• Records: Muleshoe 10-1, Breckenridge 9-3.
• Difference: T he Mules scored two touchdowns going into a 15-20 mph wind in the second quarter and made the lead stand up at Abilene Wylie H.S.
• Difference-makers: Issac Baca capped a seven-play, 77-yard drive with a 5-yard TD run early in the second quarter. The Mules gained some breathing room when QB Cooper Washington found Eric Orozco for a 67-yard score in the final minute of the half.
• Of note: Washington completed 17-of-24 passes for 176 yards, with seven players catching at least one pass. … The Mules’ defense limited the Buckaroos to 206 total yards. … Breckenridge’s deepest penetration came in the final moments, but three penalties helped push the Buckaroos from the Muleshoe 15 to near the 40 as time ran out. … Muleshoe will face Wall (11-1), which beat Merkle 21-14 on Thursday, in the regional semifinal round (round of 16) at either Midland or Seminole next week, with the day to be determined.
Farwell 27, Wheeler 7
Class 1A Division II area round