• Texico rode 23 points from senior forward Seth Bailey and 15 from junior guard Garrett Foote to a 58-46 District 4-1A win over Clayton Friday night at Texico, setting up a showdown at Santa Rosa tonight for the regular-season district title.
Senior guard Quin Winkles added 10 points for the Wolverines (23-2, 4-1), who are tied with the Lions for the top spot. Junior guard Justin Thomas led the Yellowjackets (12-8, 2-3) with 17 points.
• Senior Matt Stanberry scored 19 points and Friona dominated Muleshoe from the get-go in a 62-40 win over the Mules at Littlefield in a playoff for seeding in District 2-2A.
The Chieftains earned the top seed from the district in the Class 2A playoffs, while Muleshoe (18-13) will face Floydada in a 1 p.m. (MST) game today at Littlefield for the second seed.
Tyson Turnbow scored 11 points and Nick Hurtado added 10 for the Mules.
• Seniors Sammy Lawrence and Clint Barnard combined for 45 points as Melrose routed San Jon 79-48 in a non-district game at Melrose.
Lawrence scored 25 points and Barnard 20 for the Buffaloes (13-8), who built a 17-point halftime lead and stayed in control. Freshman guard Jacob Benally led the Coyotes (5-15) with 14 points.
• Junior guard Luke Carpenter had four of Farwell’s 10 3-pointers and finished with 18 points as the Steers overhauled White Deer in the fourth quarter to beat the Bucks 55-50 in a practice game played at Canyon Randall H.S.
The Steers (22-8), who face Sundown at 5 p.m. (MST) on Tuesday in a bi-district game at Lubbock Roosevelt, trailed by 13 points in the first quarter but caught the Bucks in the final 3 1/2 minutes. Junior guard Landry Actkinson also had four 3-pointers and finished with 16 points for the Steers.
Actkinson and Matt Billingsley each scored seven points as Farwell outscored White Deer 18-7 in the final period.
• At New Mexico Junior College in Hobbs, Farwell held Wink to eight field goals and cruised to a 41-22 victory in a Texas Division I area round game.
The Lady Blue (26-5) got 13 points from senior guard Keegan Langford and 12 from senior guard Laura Martinez to advance to a regional quarterfinal game at 7 p.m. (MST) on Tuesday against either Forsan or Smyer at Lubbock’s Rip Griffin Center.
• Texico maintained its District 6-2A lead with a 52-30 win at home over Clayton.
The Lady Wolverines (20-5, 5-0) won their 13th game in a row and play at Santa Rosa (24-1, 4-1) tonight. Sophomore guard Jordyn Cooper scored 17 points for Texico, while senior guard Hannah Walker netted 20 points for the Lady Jackets (12-8, 1-4).
— Freedom New Mexico