• A slow start cost Muleshoe an outright District 2-2A title.
Tyson Turnbow hit four 3-pointers and scored 22 points, but the Mules (18-12, 7-3 district) fell behind 26-7 after one quarter at Floydada and couldn’t recover in a 71-62 loss Tuesday night.
Cooper Washington added 12 points for the Mules, who finished the regular-season tied for first with Floydada (22-7, 7-3) and Friona. All three teams qualified for the state playoffs, but the district champion receives a first-round bye.
Muleshoe coach Matt Mason said he would learn of the format to determine the district champion today.
Bryson Session scored 20 points and Joseph Segura added 19 for Floydada.
• Kolter West and Kit Pettigrew scored 12 points each and Fort Sumner beat Elida 52-35 to lock up the District 3-1A regular-season title.
The Foxes (16-9, 7-1) outscored Elida 28-16 in the second half. Kody Paiz led Elida (7-15, 1-6) with 18 points.
• Shanna Anthony and Shealton Veo-Chenault led a balanced attack with 14 points each and visiting Elida beat Fort Sumner 58-40 in a District 3-1A game.
Reavis Best added 13 points and Margo Ortiz 12 for the Lady Tigers (16-8, 4-3), who outscored the Vixens 18-6 in the final quarter to put the game out of reach.
Justyne McMath led Fort Sumner (12-11, 2-6) with 14 points, and Sarah Stinnett added 13.
• Floyd jumped out to a 12-point halftime lead and held off Melrose 64-55 to remain tied with Dora for the District 3-1A lead.
Veronica Mendoza scored 21 points and Tanna Whitecotton added 17 for the Lady Broncos (18-5, 6-1).
Freshman Cara Barnard led the Lady Buffs (8-12, 0-7) with 19 points and Shelby McElroy added 12.
• Molly Rush led a balanced attack with 19 points and Grady clinched the District 4-1A regular-season title with a 67-57 win at Logan.
Mandy Rush added 15 points, Skylar Starbuck 14 and Joni Lampley 12 for the Lady Bronchos (15-9, 7-0), who raced to a 49-38 halftime lead.
Jessica Aguilera led Logan (13-9, 5-2) with 19 points.
• Tiffani Jones poured 30 points, including five 3-pointers, and Farwell pulled away in the second half to beat Sundown 51-37 in the first round of the Class 1A Division I playoffs in Littlefield.
The Lady Blue (25-5) held Sundown (18-12) to 12 points in the second half.
“Our guards to a good job of pressuring the ball and keeping (Sundown) from getting it into the post,” Farwell coach Miles Watters. “We really picked up the intensity on defense in the second half.”
Farwell plays District 8 champion Wink at 6:30 p.m. Friday at a site to be determined. Wink received a first-round bye.