• Senior forward
Seth Bailey scored 22 of his 31 points in the second half and the Texico Wolverines rallied for a 73-62 win at Lovington.
With the Wolverines (18-1) trailing 33-28 at halftime, Bailey keyed a 19-10 third-quarter run with 13 points. He went 9-for-10 from the free throw line in the final period — Bailey was 15-for-17 for the game — to help secure the win.
Ranked second in 2A, Texico shot 27-of-36 from the line for the game, including 18-of-25 in the final period. Junior post Lucas Walthers added 14 points.
The Wildcats (17-4), ranked sixth in Class 3A, came in with seven wins in a row and 12 in their last 13 games. Junior guard Robert Perez had 25 points for Lovington, while junior guard Jaden Swenson added 20.
• At Dora, Kody Paiz scored 15 points and Jordyn Tivis added 10 as Eldia beat the Coyotes 46-38 for its first District 3-1A win.
Elida (7-10, 1-3) outscored Dora 14-5 in the fourth quarter to pull out the victory.
Mark Butler led Dora (9-11, 10-3) with 17 points.
• At Farwell, the host Steers remained in a tie for the District 5-1A lead with Sudan by beating Morton 45-30. Farwell (19-6, 6-1 district) broke away from a 12-12 halftime tie by outscoring the Indians 15-6 in the third quarter.
Junior guard Landry Actkinson scored a game-high 12 points for the Steers, who visit Sudan (17-8, 6-1) for the district lead on Friday.
• Melrose stormed from behind in the final quarter, outscoring Tucumcari 24-17 to post a 69-66 victory at Melrose.
Senior Sammy Lawrence had three 3-pointers and 22 points for the Buffaloes (9-6), while senior Clint Barnard added 16 points. The Rattlers (6-13) were led by 19 points from junior guard Jake Martinez, 14 from senior forward Alex Hutchins and 12, all on 3-pointers, from junior guard Jantzen Darnell.
• Tyson Turnbow scored 16 of his game-high 20 points in the second quarter, including 11-of-12 free throws, and Muleshoe opened a 15-point halftime lead en route to a 66-51 victory over Tulia in District 2-2A at Muleshoe.
The Mules (16-10, 5-1), who won their fifth in a row, got 14 points from Zach Toscano and 11 from Nick Hurtado, who had a trio of 3-pointers.
• Dax Moyer scored 16 points and Fort Sumner jumped all over Grady early en route to a 71-39 victory at Fort Sumner.
Caleb West added 14 points and Kit Pettigrew 10 for the Foxes (13-8). The Bronchos (2-16), who had six 3-pointers, got three 3s and 12 points from Dalton Thomas and two trifectas and 10 points from Jarod Allen.
• Logan dominated the middle two quarters and posted a 68-50 District 4-1A win at Clovis Christian behind four 3-pointers and 20 points from junior guard Brandon Rafool.
The Longhorns (9-8, 2-0) trailed 21-19 at the end of the first quarter, but outscored CCS 41-17 over the middle two stanzas. Senior post Truitt Frost had 12 points and sophomore forward Tanner Sorrels and sophomore guard Rylan Calbert 10 each for Logan, which converted nine 3-pointers in the contest.
Senior Cordy Wilhoit led the Eagles (3-17, 1-2) with 12 points. Eighth-grader Kendall Naceanceno added 11 points and sophomore Kevin Naceanceno had 10.
• Sudan opened a 20-8 first-quarter lead at Bovina and the Hornets went on to a 65-37 win in District 5-1A.
Junior Desmond Fox scored 13 points and senior Dorian Vela 12 for the Mustangs (8-14, 2-5).
• Junior guard Mandy Rush put Grady in front for good by hitting two free throws with 1:26 left in overtime and the Lady Bronchos edged Fort Sumner 35-33 at Fort Sumner.
Senior post Molly Rush had 11 points for Grady (11-8), which tied the game on Mandy Rush’s two free throws with nine seconds left in regulation. Junior guard Sarah Stinnett led all scorers with 18 points for the Vixens (11-8).
• In District 5-1A, Farwell stayed on the heels of first-place Sudan with a 57-25 trouncing of Morton at Farwell.
The Lady Blue (23-4) led 13-4 at the quarter and put the game out of reach by outscoring the Lady Indians 19-2 in the third period. Senior guards Keegan Langford and Laura Martinez led a well-balanced Farwell attack with 10 points apiece.
• Kelli Merrick scored 20 points and Dora remained undefeated in District 3-1A with a 45-32 win over Elida.
Tori Varnell added seven points for Dora (17-4, 4-0), which opened a 22-12 halftime lead.
Reavis Best led Elida (12-7, 2-1) with 10 points.
• Seniors Shelby McElroy scored 17 points and Amberlee Payne added 15 to help Melrose knock off Tucumcari 62-47 at Melrose.
The Lady Buffaloes (8-8) opened a 10-point halftime lead by outscoring the Lady Rattlers 16-6 in the second period. Melrose pulled away with a 25-point fourth quarter.
Freshman Cara Barnard added 10 points for Melrose. The Lady Rattlers (9-7) were led by 14 points from Michelle Fazekas and 11 from Mariah Miller.
• Tulia erased a seven-point halftime deficit by outscoring Muleshoe 22-8 in the third quarter en route to a 51-45 victory in District 2-2A.
Steffanee Bond scored 17 points and Zenida Hernandez chipped in 12 for the Lady Hornets (17-11, 4-4). Sarah Johnson led the Lady Mules (8-20, 2-6) with 19 points, while Yvonne Gardea added 18.
• At Clovis Christian, the Lady Eagles held a 25-24 halftime lead before Logan went on a 21-6 run in the third period en route to a 55-36 victory in District 4-1A.
Sophomore guard Nicole Collins had 21 points and senior forward Jessica Aguilar 16 for the Lady Longhorns (11-7, 3-0). Senior guard Jocelyn Swann had six 3-pointers and finished with 21 points for the Lady Eagles (4-14, 2-2).
• At Bovina, District 5-1A leader Sudan scored at least 22 points in each quarter and rolled over the Fillies 93-23.
Lacee Logan scored 39 points for the Hornettes (25-5, 7-0), who host Farwell on Friday, while her sister, Danielle Logan, added 17 and CeCe Williams tossed in 15.
Senior Yoselin Rueda was the top scorer for Bovina (6-15, 0-7) with seven points.
— Compiled by Dave Wagner