A recap of Wednesday night’s games at the 53rd annual EPAC tournament at Melrose High School. All games were championship bracket quarterfinals.
• Elida pulled away by outscoring Grady 15-6 in the fourth quarter for a 54-43 win over the Lady Bronchos. Senior Shanna Anthony scored 19 points for the Lady Tigers (10-2), while junior Mandy Rush led Grady (6-7) with 18 points and senior Skylar Starbuck added 12.
• Junior Kelli Merrick (25) and freshmen Molly McAlister (22) and Jasi Roberts (12) combined for all but nine of Dora’s points in a 68-43 victory over Fort Sumner, improving to 9-3. The Vixens (6-3) were led by 14 points from senior Sarah Stinnett.
• Senior guard Tanna Whitecotton poured in 24 points and Floyd cruised to a 72-36 victory over Logan. Junior guard Tori Tucker and sophomore guard Veronica Mendoza added 13 points each for the Lady Broncos (9-2), while sophomore center Katlyn Usery scored 11 points for the Lady Longhorns (7-4).
• Top-seeded Texico shut out Melrose 19-0 in the first quarter and cruised to a 63-25 win, getting points from 10 players. Senior guard Victoria Richards led the Lady Wolverines (8-5) with 17 points, while sophomore guard Jordyn Cooper had 11 and senior forward Katlin Luscombe chipped in 10.
The Lady Buffaloes (4-3) were led by nine points from sophomore Lauren Riley.
• Sophomore forward Kolter West poured in 20 points and Fort Sumner bolted to a 29-7 lead after one quarter in a 66-32 rout of Dora. Senior post Dax Moyer added 11 points for the Foxes (7-4), while senior guard Mark Butler paced the Coyotes (6-6) with nine points.
• Floyd held off a fourth-quarter charge by Logan for a 45-43 win with junior forward Leon Mendoza scoring 13 points. Junior guard J’Kobie Lee and senior forward Chet Chenault each added 10 points for the Broncos (9-0), while the Longhorns got 12 points from sophomore guard Rylan Calbert and 10 from senior guard Blake Strack. • Tatum opened a 14-6 lead at the quarter and held Elida to two points in the third stanza en route to a 52-41 victory. Senior guard Logan Medlin had four 3-pointers and 22 points to lead the Coyotes (7-3), while junior post Jordyn Tivis netted 17 points and senior post Kody Paiz 10 for the Tigers (5-6).
• Senior center Lucas Walthers scored 17 points and senior forward Seth Bailey added 16 as unbeaten Texico (10-0) pulled away in the second half for a 66-49 win over Melrose. The Buffaloes (3-4), who trailed by just three points late in the first half and by seven midway through the third quarter, got 15 points from senior Clint Barnard.