Recaps of Tuesday's games involving local teams in the first round of the EPAC tournament:
• Logan built a 14-point halftime lead and held off Grady 50-42 behind four 3-pointers and 18 points from junior guard Brandon Rafool. Senior guard Jarod Allen scored 16 points and junior forward Dustan Provencio added 11 for the Bronchos (0-12).
• Senior Sammy Lawrence scored 22 points and Melrose pulled away from a halftime tie to beat San Jon 63-43. The Buffaloes (4-2) outscored the Coyotes (4-7) 24-8 in the third quarter after the teams played to a 22-22 tie at the half.
Senior Clint Barnard added 12 points for Melrose. Junior Chase Thompson and sophomore Colten Strand scored 11 points each for San Jon.
• Fort Sumner sprinted to a 23-2 lead at the quarter and manhandled Hobbs-based King’s Gate 82-19 as junior forward Reed Kenyon’s 14 points lead four players in double figures for the Foxes (6-4). Senior post Marvin Bonilla led the Lions (0-6) with 10 points.
• Elida rode a 30-point outing from senior post Kody Paiz to a 61-39 victory over Clovis Christian, improving the Tigers to 5-5 for the season. The Eagles (0-8) were led by 12 points from sophomore Kevin Naceanceno.
• Freshman Cara Barnard’s 11 points helped Melrose turn back Tatum 33-30. The Lady Buffs (4-2) built a 12-point halftime lead and held off the Lady Coyotes (5-5), who got eight points from senior TiAda Gray.
• Sophomore guard Joni Lampley scored 20 points and junior guard Mandy Rush added 17 as Grady (6-6) cruised to a 25-point halftime lead and beat Clovis Christian 75-41. The Lady Eagles (2-8) got four 3-pointers and 16 points from senior guard Jocelyn Swann and 14 points from senior guard Julia Roberts.
• The Dora Lady Coyotes overwhelmed winless House with a 26-0 run in the first quarter and posted a 58-4 victory. Junior post Kelli Merrick had 20 points for Dora (9-3) while House (0-8) got two points apiece from junior posts Karen Acosta and Hope Bass.