* Friona needed three overtimes, but the Squaws pulled away in the final extra session for a 52-46 victory over Texico at Friona. Friona hit seven 3-pointers and converted 15-of-23 free throws, while the Lady Wolverines (6-3) were just 5-of-15 from the foul line.
Seniors Sasha Estrada and Anna Murphree each had nine points to lead a balanced Friona attack — six players with at least six points. Senior Katlin Luscombe finished with 11 points for Texico.
* Fort Sumner (6-2) got 17 points from senior Sarah Stinnett and outlasted the Clovis junior varsity 30-29. Maribel Garza led the Lady Wildcats with eight points.
* Farwell improved to 12-2 with a 56-27 win at Dora. The Lady Blue led by just eight points at halftime, but outscored the Lady Coyotes 32-11 in the final two stanzas.
Seniors Keegan Langford and Laura Martinez had 12 and 11 points, respectively, for Farwell. Four players — Tori Varnell, Molly McAlister, Jasi Roberts and Kelli Merrick — each finished with six points for Dora (7-3).
* The Floyd Lady Broncos improved to 8-2, rolling to a 43-8 halftime lead en route to a 54-30 win over Tucumcari. Veronica Mendoza led Floyd with 21 points, while Laura Fought scored 13 for the Lady Rattlers. (3-2).
* At Bovina, the Fillies lost a high-scoring 75-62 affair to Petersburg, which got five 3-pointers and a combined 54 points from Katlyn Terbet (28) and Britney Shedd (26). Senior Yoshi Rueda had 22 points, senior Kim Casas scored 15 and junior Lynda Rodriguez added 11 for Bovina (4-7).
* Melrose improved to 2-2 with an easy 66-6 win at Lake Arthur. Shelby McElroy had 11 points and Cara Barnard 10 for the Lady Buffaloes, who had nine players with at least four points.
* Senior Seth Bailey scored 28 points, hitting 11 of 12 free throws, and Texico improved to 8-0 with a 71-56 win at Friona. Junior Lucas Walthers added 13 points for the Wolverines, while junior Zack Fair had 15 points for the Chieftains.
* Senior forward Matt Billingsley scored 11 points and junior guard Luke Carpenter added 10, and Farwell rallied from an eight-point halftime deficit to edge host Dora 44-40 and improve to 8-4.
The Coyotes (5-5) got a game-high 21 points from senior guard Mark Butler.
* Sophomore Gael Vela scored 15 points and Bovina (6-7) pulled away in the final quarter for a 63-45 win at home over Petersburg.
Freshman Andrew Marrufo added 13 points for the Mustangs.
Senior Clint Barnard’s 20 points led Melrose to a 61-47 win at Lake Arthur. The Buffaloes stretched a seven-point halftime lead with a 17-8 edge in the third quarter.
Sammy Lawrence added 16 points and Kendall Mudgett 10 for Melrose, while Lake Arthur’s top scorers were Aarmon Guillen with 12 and Chance Ortiz with 11.
* Chet Chenault scored 13 points and Leon Mendoza added 10, and Floyd (8-2) held off a fourth-quarter charge to win at Tucumcari 44-41. The Rattlers, who trailed 38-27 going into the final period, were led by 19 points from Jake Martinez and 11 from Jantzen Darnell.