• Craig Cook led a balanced attack with 16 points to as the Clovis JV beat Farwell 60-46 in the Citizens Bank Border tournament. Josh Olivas scored 16 points for the Steers, including three 3-pointers.
• Dorian Vela had 14 points In Bovina’s 61-46 loss to Estancia in the Citizens Bank Border tournament.
• Seth Bailey poured in 24 points and Texico beat Logan 79-49 in the Citizens Bank Border tournament.
• Chet Chenault scored 22 points to lead Floyd past Clovis Christian 65-43 in the Grady round-robin tournament. Cory Shipman led CCS with 12 points.
• Michael Mares and Kolter West scored 10 points each for Fort Sumner in a 60-47 win over Grady. Dalton Thomas led Grady with 16 points.
• Kyler King and Colton Gruis scored 16 points each for Dora in a 57-54 loss to the Hobbs JV in the Battle of the Border tournament in Tatum.
• Tyson Turnbow scored 34 points in Muleshoe’s 56-45 win over Lubbock Roosevelt in the Shallowater Shootout.
4 — Clovis JV players who scored in double figures, including Cook, Quran Wiggins, Trevor Jones and Tucker Martin.
11 — Texico players who scored at least four points in the Wolverines’ 79-49 win over Logan.
• Tori Tucker, Floyd, had 45 points, nearly double the output of McCurdy, as the Broncos took a 48-3 halftime lead en route to a 72-23 win in the quarterfinals of the Lady Lion Classic in Santa Rosa.
• Tiffani Jones, Farwell, hit four 3-pointers and scored 21 points to lead the Lady Blue to a 68-26 victory over Melrose in the quarterfinals of the Citizens Bank Border Tournament in Texico.
• Kelli Merrick, Dora, scored 22 to lead all scorers in a 56-16 win over the Hobbs junior varsity at the Battle of the Border in Tatum.
• Katlin Luscombe, Texico, scored 13 points to lead a balanced effort in the host Wolverines’ 48-12 drubbing of Logan in the quarterfinals of the Citizens Bank Border Tournament.
• Sarah Stinnett, Fort Sumner, scored 19 points to pace the Vixens in a 46-32 win over Pecos in the quarterfinals of the Lady Lion Classic.
• Yvonne Gardea, Muleshoe, scored a game-high 17 points as the Mules used a 20-7 fourth quarter to steal a 57-56 win over Panhandle in the consolation bracket of the Nazareth Invitational.
• Kirsti Shough, Clovis junior varsity, had 13 points to leads Clovis in a 46-38 quarterfinal win over Texico’s JV in the Citizens Bank Border Tournament quarterfinals.
• Daniela Flores, Bovina, scored 19 points, and Bovina led 37-9 at the half before slowing the pace down for a 49-20 victory over Mesilla Valley.
• 1 — Free throw makes, in 12 attempts, for Texico in Friday’s game against Logan. The Wolverines ended up not needing them in posting a 48-12 win.
Reunited: Farwell coach Miles Watters gets a reunion of sorts when the Lady Blue face the Clovis junior varsity in today’s Citizens Bank Border Tournament semifinals at Texico High School. Watters, who joined Farwell this season, had a one-year hiatus after coaching Clovis for seven seasons and winning a Class 5A state title in 2005.
— Freedom New Mexic0