I spent 30 minutes Tuesday afternoon at the corner of First Street and Miel de Luna, watching life pass in front of me.
Here's what I saw:
• Johnny Bruhn was headed north in his Escort pickup.
• Pam King and Veronica Mares were at Sonic getting their afternoon drinks before going back to work.
• Johnny Reid was going south on his way out to Discovery Inn to meet his wife Denise to have lunch.
• Over at the Elks club, I saw Martin Encinias-Angel and Dwayne Bradford's vehicles, and the Bud Light truck making deliveries.
• Kent Cosner was seen traveling south on First Street.
• Bud Nelson, employee at Pizza Hut, was pulling onto First Street to deliver a pizza.
• Rudy Velasco passed by going north in his railroad truck.
• Kent Cosner was heading south on First Street.
• Two Farmers Electric pickups left Lota Burger after lunch breaks.
• A huge Fleetwood motor home parked at Allsup's and its driver walked across the street to Sonic to get a burger.
• The temperature was 95.
• A lot of tourists filled their vehicles with gas. Regular was going for $3.499.
• I am reminded: I better get some gas before I run out.
Jerrene Bradley writes for the Quay County Sun and is always on the lookout for her neighbors. Contact her at: