I spent 30 minutes on Saturday morning at the Farmer's Market, watching life pass in front of me.
Here is what I saw:
• People were walking through all the booths and visiting with their neighbors.
• Martha Waters and Elizabeth Morris were carrying their bags of goodies.
• Serena Gore was standing by one of the picnic tables visiting with others.
• Boots and Janet McCoy were wandering through the crowd talking with their friends and neighbors.
• Lou Sims was buying some fresh goodies from some of the vendors.
• Patricia Smith and her family had lots of fresh things on their table.
• The sounds of music were played as Rick Haymaker sang for the crowd.
• Darrell and Nancy Farmer were seen visiting.
• Dean and Domie Missildine had a table of fresh-baked goods and chile rellenos.
• The temptation finally got the best of me and I had to get some of those rellenos.
Jerrene Bradley writes for the Quay County Sun and is always on the lookout for her neighbors. Contact her at: