Area teams at home this week

l9hx1d-l9hx0v929football1.jpg

By Thomas Garcia Quay County Sun All four county football teams will use home field advantage to try and improve upon their early season records. Tucumcari (2-3) and Logan (1-3) both suffered losses on Friday while San Jon (3-1) and House (0-3) had bye weeks and have not seen action since Sept. 17. Coyotes head […]

Teenage drinking: County, city back warning to parents

Thomas Garcia Quay County Commissioners approved contracts and a proclamation aimed at teenage drinking prevention and DWI compliance Monday during their regular meeting.

State still investigating source of salmonella outbreak

By QCS Staff So far, 39 people from nine counties in New Mexico have been sick with a strain of salmonella called Salmonella Saintpaul, according to a press release from the state’s Department of Health. Several people have been hospitalized, and no one has died. Patients are from Bernalillo, Cibola, Curry, Dona Ana, McKinley, Otero, […]

City’s Primrose tapped for county manager post

By Chelle Delaney: Quay County Sun The Quay County Commission agreed to hire Richard Primrose, the city manager of Tucumcari, to be its new county manager at its Wednesday meeting. Franklin McCasland chair of the commission said Primrose was the strongest candidate following interviews with applicants on Tuesday. During a five-minute recess, Commissioner Bill Curry […]

Illness – Is there gender bias

TV Hagenah Women are different from men when it comes to illness. Well, I suppose women are generally different from men in a lot of ways. I first noticed this when I walked into the girls’ locker room when I was 12. Right off, I noticed that the whole locker room did not smell like […]

Residents think dogs poisoned

William Thompson Three local dog owners who live in close proximity to one another think their dogs have been poisoned. John Cruze, of the 2000 block of South Eighth Street, said that as of Thursday his Australian blue heeler was still in Tucumcari Animal Hospital as a result of unwittingly ingesting anti-freeze or possibly freon. […]