Slice of life: Farmer's Market
August 14, 2012
QCS photo: Jerrene Bradley
QCS reporter Jerrene Bradley spent 30 minutes Saturday morning at the corner of Route 66 and Lake Street.
I spent 30 minutes on Saturday morning at the Farmer's Market, watching life pass in front of me.
Here is what I saw:
- People were walking through all the booths and visiting with their neighbors.
- Martha Waters and Elizabeth Morris were carrying their bags of goodies.
- Serena Gore was standing by one of the picnic tables visiting with others.
- Boots and Janet McCoy were wandering through the crowd talking with their friends and neighbors.
- Lou Sims was buying some fresh goodies from some of the vendors.
- Patricia Smith and her family had lots of fresh things on their table.
- The sounds of music were played as Rick Haymaker sang for the crowd.
- Darrell and Nancy Farmer were seen visiting.
- Dean and Domie Missildine had a table of fresh-baked goods and chile rellenos.
- The temptation finally got the best of me and I had to get some of those rellenos.
Jerrene Bradley writes for the Quay County Sun and is always on the lookout for her neighbors. Contact her at: