Film office to host town hall in Clovis
October 23, 2012
Interested in becoming a movie star? Want your business to be involved in the booming movie industry in New Mexico?
A town hall meeting held by the New Mexico State Film Office is scheduled to take place 6 p.m. Thursday at the Clovis Civic Center.
"The New Mexico State Film Office wants to bring awareness of what they do, and reach out to communities where their presence isn't known," said Nick Mondragon, administrative assistant at the Curry County Chamber of Commerce and local contact for the event.
The town halls have been held around the state and are intended to provide an open forum for each community to share information about their educational programs, film related businesses, and issues of concern.
The NM Film Office is collaborating with local film liaisons, schools, and chambers of commerce in conducting these events.
Individuals who are interested in distributing their resumes and headshots to local casting directors, may do so 5 p.m. Thursday.
The expected time frame for the town hall is approximately two hours and includes welcome and introductions, state of the NM film industry, and a question and answer session.
"It's a big deal for us because this is the first time their office representation has been in this part of the state," said Mondragon.
In the past, filming has taken place in this part of the state with the movie "Believe in Me" that was filmed in 2004 and released in 2006. The movie starred Jeffrey Donovan, Samantha Mathis and Bruce Dern and was filmed in Clovis, Portales, Floyd, Albuquerque and Moriarty.
- What: New Mexico State Film Office town hall meeting
- When: Thursday
- Where: Clovis Civic Center
- 5 p.m. — Turn in resumes and headshots to local casting directors
- 6 p.m. — Welcome and Introductions
- 6:15 p.m. — State of the NM Film Industry
- 6:30 p.m. — Question and Answer session
- Information: Contact Nick Mondragon, Clovis/Curry Chamber of Commerce at 763-3435 or the New Mexico Film Office at http://www.nmfilm.com or (505) 476-5600.