Calendar - Oct. 31
October 31, 2018
• Saturday — Tucumcari Public Library Beer Fest. This event features a full meal of bratwurst or hamburgers with all the fixings, dancing to the music of Limited Editions and craft beer in an Oktoberfest atmosphere from 6 p.m. to midnight. Tickets include five samples of different New Mexico beers. Tickets are $30 and can be bought from the library, any library board member, city clerk’s office and the mayor. It is a fundraiser for the library and the Tucumcari High School Class of 2020. For more information, call 575-461-0295. Tucumcari Convention Center.
• Saturday — Walk with a Dog. Get to know some rescue dogs at Paws & Claws at its monthly walk from 8 to 9 a.m. You can get your exercise and help an animal in need at the same time. Please do not bring your own dog. Everyone who registers will get to pick a prize from our prize box. You are not obligated to keep the dog you walk. For more information, please call 575-461-0562. Dunn Park, Washington Avenue and Fourth Street, Tucumcari.
• Nov. 5 — Magical Microgreens. This fun program will address the safety of sprouts and safer alternatives to them. It also will explore ways to grow greens in your house during the winter. These nutritious greens will liven up soups, salads and sandwiches with nutrient-packed flavor and are easy to grow. There will be two presentations. The first fast-pace presentation will begin about 12:10 p.m. and end at 12:50 so you can get back to work. A more relaxed presentation will be at 1:30. For more information, call the Extension Office at 575-461-0562. Terry Turner Building, 216 E. Center St., Tucumcari.
• Nov. 10-11 — Christmas Craft Fair. Do your Christmas shopping locally. There will be a children's ornament contest and a raffle for new tablet. For vendor opportunities, contact Debi Zaida at 575-709-0389 or email [email protected] Quay County Fairgrounds barn, Tucumcari.
• Nov. 16 — Route 66 Women: Untold Stories of the Mother Road. Join The Gallery Etc. and the New Mexico Humanities Council for this presentation at 6 p.m. The Gallery Etc., 201 S. Second St., Tucumcari.
• Nov. 17 — Denim & Diamonds. Join Tucumcari MainStreet for an evening out. Enjoy a steak dinner and dancing to the Buster Bledsoe Band. Meet the Tucumcari MainStreet community and enjoy a silent auction. From 6 to 10 p.m. Ticket prices are $35 per person, $250 for a table of eight, or $320 for a table of 10. Tucumcari Convention Center.
• Dec. 1 — Parade of Lights. The fun begins at 6 p.m. as the floats cruise down Route 66 Boulevard from the old Kmart parking lot to the Tucumcari Convention Center. For more information or to register, contact the Tucumcari/Quay County Chamber of Commerce by phone at 575-461-1694 or email [email protected]
To submit items for the calendar, call 575-461-1952 or email: [email protected]