Calendar - Jan. 30
January 30, 2019
• Saturday — Knights of Columbus Indoor Flea Market. Get rid of old items and gain a little cash. The cost is $5 per table. For more information, call Benji Torres at 505-582-7459. Knights of Columbus Hall, 202 E. Main St., Tucumcari.
• Feb. 9 — Valentine’s Dance. Treat your sweetheart to a night of dancing. Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets are $15, with only 150 tickets available. To buy tickets, call 575-461-4980. Tickets must be purchased before the event; no tickets will be sold at the door. Tucumcari Columbus Club, 204 E. Main St., Tucumcari.
• Feb. 9 — Valentine’s Shopping Bazaar. The VFW Post 2528 Auxiliary will offer gifts, baskets, baked goods, concession stand and lots of fun from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Table space is available for vendors to sell their gifts. It will not duplicate sales tables. The Auxiliary will sell baked goods and candy bouquets. Call Noreen at 575-403-4431 to reserve your table. Cost is $5 per table. VFW Post 2528, 105 E. Main St., Tucumcari.
• Feb. 26-27 — Beef Artificial Insemination School. The NMSU Quay County Extension will host an artificial-insemination school for beef production. Dr. Craig Gifford, NMSU beef cattle specialist, and Dr. Marcy Ward, NMSU livestock specialist, will instruct. It is for producers’ use and is not a certified course. Space is limited, so RSVP to the office at 575-461-0562. Cost is $75, which covers two meals and the ABS Artificial Insemination handbook. Tucumcari Convention Center.
• March 9 — Rotary Lobster Dinner. Brush off your lobster bibs for the return of this annual dinner from 6 to 10 p.m. More details will be coming. Elks Lodge, 2118 S. Adams St., Tucumcari.
• May 3-4 — Tucumcari Rawhide Days. Check back here for more information as we get closer to the 2019 edition of Rawhide Days. Tucumcari Convention Center.
• April 12-14 — Spay-Neuter Clinic. Applications are available at Bob’s Budget Pharmacy. Get your animal registered now. 511 S. Second St., Tucumcari.
• April 27 — Keep Tucumcari Beautiful. Want to make a difference? All groups, clubs and individuals are invited to participate in this cleanup. Call Community Development at 575-461-2143 for more information. 512 S. Eighth St., Tucumcari.
• May 3-4 — Tucumcari Rawhide Days. Mark your calendars and back here for more information as the big event approaches. Tucumcari Convention Center.
• June 27-30 — Rockin’ Route 66. The festival will be packed live entertainment, a classic-car and hot-rod show, vintage and hand-built motorcycle show, pinup contest and fashion show, a cruise-in down Route 66, Taste of New Mexico, carnie side show, Kustom Kulture artists and builders, celebrity guests, Black Collar Markette and more. Along Route 66 in Tucumcari.
To submit items for the calendar, call 575-461-1952 or email: