Calendar - March 27
March 27, 2019
• Saturday — Friends of the NRA. Enjoy a night of auctions, raffles, firearms and fun starting at 6 p.m. Tickets are $30 per person. For more information, call 575-403-8831. Tucumcari Convention Center.
• April 6 — Walk with a Paws and Claws Rescue Dog. Meet some of the rescue's adoptable furry friends. Humans and dogs need regular exercise, so come take a stroll. Please do not bring your own animals to this walk. You are not required to take any animals home. 8 a.m., Dunn Park, Tucumcari.
• April 6-7 — New Mexico Bass Federation Tournament. Ute Lake State Park, Logan.
• April 7 — Tip Top Bass Club, Ute Lake State Park, Logan.
• April 12-14 — Spay-Neuter Clinic. Applications are available at Bob’s Budget Pharmacy. Get your animal registered for this event now. 511 S. Second St., Tucumcari.
• April 13 — “The Early Days.” This program by the Tucumcari Historical Museum will focus on the area’s history before English-speaking white settlers arrived. Children’s activities and historic presentations will include fossils, petroglyphs, Native Americans and Spanish colonials. Tucumcari Historical Museum, 416 S. Adams St.
• April 13-14 — American Bass Anglers. Ute Lake State Park, Logan.
• April 26 — Chuck Wagon Cook Off. Stay tuned for more information about this event later. Ute Lake State Park, Logan.
• April 26-27 — Ladies Conference. Father’s Forge church is hosting this free event for all women with special speakers from 7 to 8 p.m. April 26 and from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. April 27. 622 S. Lake St., Tucumcari.
• April 27 — Keep Tucumcari Beautiful. Want to make a difference? All groups, clubs and individuals are invited to participate in this cleanup. Call Community Development at (575) 461-2143 for more information. 512 S. Eighth St., Tucumcari.
• April 27 — Al Hurricane Jr. concert. The son of the New Mexico music legend will perform from 8 p.m. to midnight. Tickets are $25 in advance or $30 at the door; you must be 21 with a valid ID. Tickets are available at Farmers Insurance, Main Street Boutique or the Tucumcari-Quay County Chamber of Commerce. Tucumcari Convention Center.
• May 3-4 — Tucumcari Rawhide Days. Mark your calendars and back here for more information as the big event approaches. Tucumcari Convention Center.
• May 31-June 1 — New Mexico Music Showcase. The Tucumcari Columbus Club presents its third annual music festival. A parade welcoming all vehicles, floats and horses will be held from the old Kmart building to the Tucumcari Convention Center at 9 a.m. June 1. The musical lineup and ticket information will be announced at a later date. Call Jonathan or Benji at (575) 403-6035 or (505) 582-7459 for more information. Tucumcari Convention Center.
• June 1 — “Western Days.” The 50th anniversary of the Tucumcari Historical Museum’s grand opening will include chuckwagon meals, western re-enactors, old-time music and children’s activities. Tucumcari Historical Museum, 416 S. Adams St.
• June 14 — Groundwater Workshop. The Ute Creek and Mesa Soil and Water Conservation District will host speakers and field demonstrations on how residents of the region can measure static well-water levels. From 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. with lunch provided. Mosquero Schools Multipurpose Room, Mosquero.
• June 27-30 — Rockin’ Route 66. The festival will be packed live entertainment, a classic-car and hot-rod show, vintage and hand-built motorcycle show, pinup contest and fashion show, a cruise-in down Route 66, Taste of New Mexico, carnie side show, Kustom Kulture artists and builders, celebrity guests, Black Collar Markette and more. Along Route 66 in Tucumcari.
• July 20 — Free Museum Day. It's a day of free admission at the Tucumcari Historical Museum. Stop by to see what's new and enjoy what is old. Tucumcari Historical Museum, 416 S. Adams St.
• Aug. 10 — “Patriotic Day.” The Tucumcari Historical Museum invites you to join this celebration in remembrance of the military and veterans. There will be special guest speakers and fun for everyone. Tucumcari Historical Museum, 416 S. Adams St.
To submit items for the calendar, call 575-461-1952 or email: