Calendar - April 24
April 24, 2019
• Friday — Chuck Wagon Cook Off. Enjoy an authentic chuck wagon experience with chicken-fried steak, potatoes, beans, biscuits and fresh apple cider. For more information, call Bucky Stone at (575) 403-7680. Ute Lake State Park, Logan.
• Friday-Saturday — Ladies Conference. Father’s Forge church is hosting this free event for all women with special speakers from 7 to 8 p.m. April 26 and from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. 622 S. Lake St., Tucumcari.
• Saturday — Keep Tucumcari Beautiful. Want to make a difference? All groups, clubs and individuals are invited to participate. Call Community Development at (575) 461-2143 for more information. 512 S. Eighth St., Tucumcari.
• Saturday — Al Hurricane Jr. concert. The son of the New Mexico music legend will perform from 8 p.m. to midnight. Tickets are $25 in advance or $30 at the door; you must be 21 with a valid ID. Tickets are available at Farmers Insurance, Main Street Boutique or the Tucumcari-Quay County Chamber of Commerce. Tucumcari Convention Center.
• May 3 — Bingo Night. Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with this event at the Knights of Columbus Hall. The fun begins at 7 p.m. 202 E. Main St., Tucumcari.
• May 3-4 — Tucumcari Rawhide Days. The fun starts with the Rawhide Parade down Route 66, complete with the Longhorn cattle drive. Through the weekend, see pony and wagon rides, live country music, trick ropers, horseshoe contest and more. For more information, visit http://www.tucumcarirawhidedays.com. Tucumcari Convention Center.
• May 11 — Shrimp Boil. Enjoy a traditional shrimp boil and silent auction at $25 a ticket. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. Paws and Claws Quay County Animal Rescue is bringing this event to you. Tickets are available at Logan Subway, Bob’s Budget Pharmacy, Tucumcari-Quay County Chamber of Commerce and Tucumcari Federal Savings and Loan. Elks Club, 2118 S. Adams St., Tucumcari.
• May 31-June 1 — New Mexico Music Showcase. The Tucumcari Columbus Club presents its third annual music festival. A parade welcoming all vehicles, floats and horses will go from the old Kmart building to the Tucumcari Convention Center at 9 a.m. June 1. The music lineup and ticket information will be announced at a later date. Call Jonathan or Benji at (575) 403-6035 or (505) 582-7459 for more information. Tucumcari Convention Center.
• June 1 — “Western Days.” The 50th anniversary of the Tucumcari Historical Museum’s grand opening will include chuck wagon meals, western re-enactors, old-time music and children’s activities. Tucumcari Historical Museum, 416 S. Adams St.
• June 14 — Groundwater Workshop. The Ute Creek and Mesa Soil and Water Conservation District will host speakers and field demonstrations on how residents of the region can measure static well-water levels. From 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. with lunch provided. Mosquero Schools Multipurpose Room, Mosquero.
• June 27-30 — Rockin’ Route 66. The festival will be packed live entertainment, a classic-car and hot-rod show, vintage and hand-built motorcycle show, pinup contest and fashion show, a cruise-in down Route 66, Taste of New Mexico, carnie side show, Kustom Kulture artists and builders, celebrity guests, Black Collar Markette and more. Along Route 66 in Tucumcari.
• July 20 — Free Museum Day. It's a day of free admission at the Tucumcari Historical Museum. Stop by to see what's new and enjoy what is old. Tucumcari Historical Museum, 416 S. Adams St.
• Aug. 10 — “Patriotic Day.” The Tucumcari Historical Museum invites you to join this celebration in remembrance of the military and veterans. There will be special guest speakers and fun for everyone. Tucumcari Historical Museum, 416 S. Adams St.
To submit items for the calendar call 575-461-1952 or email: [email protected]