Calendar - Oct. 30
October 30, 2019
• Thursday — Festival of Fright. Visit the haunted Mesalands Dinosaur Museum. This event will feature trunk or treating, candy, fun and scares for all ages. The children’s haunted house will be from 5 to 7 p.m. and the adult haunted house from 7 to 9 p.m. Admission is $5 per person or $3 with a costume. Trunk or treat is free. Mesalands Dinosaur Museum, 222 E. Laughlin Avenue, Tucumcari.
• Thursday — Trunk or Treat. This free event will be in the First Baptist Church parking lot from 6 to 8 p.m. 321 E. Center St., Tucumcari.
• Nov. 9 — VFW Post 2528 Bike Rodeo. Registration starts at noon. Event begins at 1 p.m. Events include slow race, keg race, weenie bite, pole in the hole and fuzzy ball race. Cost is $10 per game. Prize is 50/50 of entry fee. For more information, call Nick at (505) 715-2493.
• Nov. 11 — Veterans Day Memorial Service. VFW Post 2528 will host its annual Veterans Day ceremony at 11 a.m. at Veterans Park at Third and Main streets in Tucumcari. . A meal will follow at VFW Post 2528 at 105 E. Main St., Tucumcari.
• Nov. 9-10 — 49th annual Craft Fair. Get ready to do Christmas shopping with local and regional vendors. More information will be coming soon. Quay County Fairgrounds, Tucumcari.
• Nov. 16 — Denim and Diamonds. Join everyone for a dinner and dance with the Buster Bledsoe Band, along with a silent auction, for the annual Tucumcari MainStreet fundraising gala from 6 p.m. to midnight. Tickets are $35 each; a table of eight is $250 or a table of 10 is $320. Tucumcari Convention Center.
• Nov. 18 — Quay County Democratic Party meeting. The organization meets the third Monday of each month at noon at the Pow Wow Restaurant meeting room. Meetings are open to the public, and it encourages anyone who is interested to join. Pow Wow Restaurant, 801 W. Route 66, Tucumcari.
• Nov. 19 — Republican Party of Quay County meeting. Meetings fall on the third Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. at the Quality Inn in Tucumcari. 3716 E. Tucumcari Blvd., Tucumcari.
• Nov. 23 — Christmas Raffle Dinner and Dance. Christmas might come a little early if you win the Christmas raffle by the Tucumcari Columbus Club. Tickets are $50 per person for dinner and dancing; they are available from any Knights of Columbus member. The grand prize is $5,000 in cash, with eight other cash-prize drawings. The event runs from 6 p.m. to midnight. Tucumcari Convention Center.
• Nov. 30 — Christmas at the Depot. Join in on a Christmas tree lighting event at the historic Tucumcari Railroad Depot from 4 to 5:30 p.m. Other details will be announced later. 100 W. Railroad Ave., Tucumcari.
• Dec. 7 — Christmas Light Parade. Entries can be anything, including, horses, wagons, semi-trucks, boats, RV’s or anything on wheels. There is no entry fee. The only stipulations are that all entries must be lighted, No live Santa on floats other than the official Santa Claus on the firetruck and that candy should not be thrown into or at the crowd. All entries must register and indicate a category. Recreational will include RVs, boats, motorcycles, bikes, horses and tractors. Entry deadline is Dec. 6. For more information, or to register, call the Chamber of Commerce office at (575) 461-1694.
To submit items for the calendar, call 575-461-1952 or email: [email protected]