Calendar - Jan. 8
January 8, 2020
• Saturday — Open Mic Night. Have you dreamed of entertaining? Now is your chance. Whatever your talent is, you’re invited to share it starting at 6 p.m. All ages welcome. To sign up, call (575) 461-9908 or visit us at the Gallery Etc. 201 S. Second St., Tucumcari.
• Jan. 18 — Viva Las Tucumcari. The Tucumcari/Quay County Chamber of Commerce banquet from 6 p.m.-9 p.m. offers plenty of fun and plenty to win between games, a prize raffle and a silent auction. The event also will introduce the first-ever Taste of Tucumcari. Check back for more information as the event approaches. Tickets will be $35 per person and $250 for a table of eight. Contact the chamber at (575) 461-1694 for information about sponsor opportunities. Tucumcari Convention Center.
• Jan. 20 — Quay County Democratic Party meeting. The organization meets the third Monday of each month at noon at the Pow Wow Restaurant meeting room. Meetings are open to the public, and it encourages anyone who is interested to join. Pow Wow Restaurant, 801 W. Route 66, Tucumcari.
• Jan. 21 — Republican Party of Quay County meeting. Meetings fall on the third Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. at the Quality Inn in Tucumcari. 3716 E. Tucumcari Blvd., Tucumcari.
• May 1-2 — Tucumcari Rawhide Days. See a Texas Longhorn cattle drive and parade on Old Route 66, followed by gunfighters, vendors, petting zoo, trick roping, chuckwagons and more. Don’t miss out on the ranch rodeo, jamboree, cowboy poets and a country music concert to wrap it all up. More information coming soon at tucumcarirawhidedays.com.
To submit items for the calendar, call 575-461-1952 or email [email protected]