Calendar - May 4
May 4, 2022
Note: Events subject to change due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Friday-Saturday — First Presbyterian Church Rummage Sale. The fellowship hall next to the church will be open for the sale from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on both days. The church collects thousands of clean, usable items ranging from clothes and accessories to furniture, antiques, electronics, appliances, sports equipment, décor, household goods and more. 306 E. Aber St., Tucumcari.
• Saturday — Logan Big Bass Tournament at Ute Lake State Park in Logan. Fishing will begin during safe-daylight hours to 3 p.m. The fisher who lands the biggest bass of the day will win $500, with other prizes. Boaters meeting will be at 7 p.m. May 6 at Mama T’s Road to Ruin in Logan. Complete tournament rules are at utelakefishnfun.com or calling Calvin at (575) 403-6161, Jerry Bob at (575) 403-7453, or Pete at (575) 302-2220.
• Saturday — Mesalands Community College golf benefit tournament. This will be a four-person, Las Vegas-style scramble at Tucumcari Municipal Golf Course with a 10 a.m. shotgun start. Coffee and doughnuts will be offered at 9 a.m. The cost is $200 per team. Proceeds benefit the college’s men’s and women’s golf teams. Sign up at the course or call (575) 461-1849.
• May 10 — Women’s Day of Health. Services will include well women’s checks, sexual transmitted diseases screening and diabetic checks, including foot and eye exams. This event from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. will include door prizes, food, drink and giveaways. For more information, call (575) 461-2200. Quay County Family Health Center, 1302 E. Main St., Tucumcari.
• May 23 — Diamondback Booster Club Athletic Banquet. This event will be at 6 p.m. at the Tucumcari Convention Center. Tickets will be $20 each for anyone who is not a varsity letterman athlete or a coach.
• June 4 — Pinata Fiesta. The revival of this event at the Tucumcari Convention Center will feature day and night entertainment from a variety of cultures, a children’s area with special activities, food, vendors and more. More details will be announced later.
• Aug. 4-7 — Tucumcari Rattler Reunion. This annual event for all Rattler alumni primarily will take place at the Tucumcari Convention Center. More details will be announced later at rattlerreunion.com. Those with questions should email [email protected]
To submit items for the calendar, call 575-461-1952 or email [email protected]