Calendar - Dec. 7
December 7, 2022
Note: Events subject to change due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Friday-Saturday — Christmas Carriage Rides. Tucumcari Rawhide Days is presenting this event with food, music and horse-drawn carriage rides through downtown. Tickets are on sale at tinyurl.com/2p96ny23. Rides start from the Tucumcari Historic Railroad Plaza at 4 p.m. both nights through 8:30 p.m.
• Saturday — Very Merry Tucumcari Christmas Dash. This free event by the Quay County Health Council’s Healthy Eating Active Living Committee will give participants holiday headgear and an ornament. The quarter-mile course at the Tucumcari Historic Railroad Depot also will offer hot chocolate and treats afterward. You can run, jog or walk at the event from 2 to 3 p.m.
• Saturday — Cookie Decorating Party. The First Christian Church in 1701 S. Fourth St. in Tucumcari is hosting a cooking and ornament decorating event from 2 to 4 p.m. All supplies, including refreshments, will be provided.
• Saturday — Holiday Tour of Homes. Celebrate Tucumcari’s businesses and homes decked for the Christmas season. Prizes will be offered for indoors and outdoors décor. Best in show wins $375.
• The inside open house will be scheduled from 4 to 8 p.m., with outdoor judging from 6 to 10 p.m. To enter the contest or to obtain maps and tickets, call (575) 461-1694 or (575) 404-6480 or emailing [email protected].
• Sunday — Light Up Ute Lake Christmas light parade. The parade at 6 p.m. will line up behind the Old Country Inn, with the same route through Logan as the Fourth of July Parade. For more information, call Renee Wallin at (575) 799-9855 or Reisha Baker at (575) 403-6350.
• Dec. 16 — Quay Community Choir cantata. The free annual performance at Center Street United Methodist Church is back after a three-year absence because of the pandemic. 7 p.m., 406 E. Center St., Tucumcari.
To submit items for the calendar, call 575-461-1952 or email [email protected].