Calendar - May 8
May 8, 2019
• Saturday — Shrimp Boil. Enjoy a traditional shrimp boil and silent auction at $25 a ticket. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. Paws and Claws Quay County Animal Rescue is bringing this event to you. Tickets are available at Logan Subway, Bob’s Budget Pharmacy, Tucumcari-Quay County Chamber of Commerce and Tucumcari Federal Savings and Loan. Elks Club, 2118 S. Adams St., Tucumcari.
• May 17 — Open mic night. Calling all singers, dancers, poets, comedians and more, show your stuff at this event scheduled for 7 p.m. at The Gallery Etc. For more information, call (575) 461-9908. 201 S. Second St., Tucumcari.
• May 31-June 1 — New Mexico Music Showcase. The Tucumcari Columbus Club presents its third annual music festival. A parade welcoming all vehicles, floats and horses will go from the old Kmart building to the Tucumcari Convention Center at 9 a.m. June 1. The music lineup and ticket information will be announced at a later date. Call Jonathan or Benji at (575) 403-6035 or (505) 582-7459 for more information. Tucumcari Convention Center.
• June 1 — “Western Days.” The 50th anniversary of the Tucumcari Historical Museum’s grand opening will include chuck wagon meals, western re-enactors, old-time music and children’s activities. Tucumcari Historical Museum, 416 S. Adams St.
• June 14 — Groundwater Workshop. The Ute Creek and Mesa Soil and Water Conservation District will host speakers and field demonstrations on how residents of the region can measure static well-water levels. From 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. with lunch provided. Mosquero Schools Multipurpose Room, Mosquero.
• June 27-30 — Rockin’ Route 66. The festival will be packed live entertainment, a classic-car and hot-rod show, vintage and hand-built motorcycle show, pinup contest and fashion show, a cruise-in down Route 66, Taste of New Mexico, carnie side show, Kustom Kulture artists and builders, celebrity guests, Black Collar Markette and more. Along Route 66 in Tucumcari.
• July 20 — Free Museum Day. It's a day of free admission at the Tucumcari Historical Museum. Stop by to see what's new and enjoy what is old. Tucumcari Historical Museum, 416 S. Adams St.
• Aug. 10 — “Patriotic Day.” The Tucumcari Historical Museum invites you to join this celebration in remembrance of the military and veterans. There will be special guest speakers and fun for everyone. Tucumcari Historical Museum, 416 S. Adams St.
To submit items for the calendar, call 575-461-1952 or email: