Calendar - June 5
June 5, 2019
• Saturday-Sunday — Walleye Tournament. Join the Texas Walleye Association for its walleye tournament. Ute Lake State Park, Logan.
• June 14 — Groundwater Workshop. The Ute Creek and Mesa Soil and Water Conservation District will host speakers and field demonstrations on how residents of the region can measure static well-water levels. From 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. with lunch provided. Mosquero Schools Multipurpose Room, Mosquero.
• June 27-30 — Rockin’ Route 66. The festival will be packed live entertainment, a classic-car and hot-rod show, vintage and hand-built motorcycle show, pinup contest and fashion show, a cruise-in down Route 66, Taste of New Mexico, carnie side show, Kustom Kulture artists and builders, celebrity guests, Black Collar Markette and more. Along Route 66 in Tucumcari.
• July 5-6 — Fourth of July Street Dance. It will feature raffle prizes, watermelon crawl, games, fireworks, live music and more. 7 to 11 p.m. July 5. Parade at 10 a.m. July 6, with watermelon crawl from 1 to 4 p.m. at the ballfield. Ute Lake State Park, Logan.
• July 20 — Route 66 and Railroad Day. It's a day of free admission at the Tucumcari Historical Museum. This special day will focus on Route 66 businesses, past and present, and local railroad history. Tucumcari Historical Museum, 416 S. Adams St.
• Aug. 10 — “Patriotic Day.” The Tucumcari Historical Museum invites you to join this celebration in remembrance of the military and veterans. There will be special guest speakers and fun for everyone. Tucumcari Historical Museum, 416 S. Adams St.
To submit items for the calendar, call 575-461-1952 or email [email protected]