Calendar - July 17
July 17, 2019
• Friday — St. Anne’s Parish Fiesta Raffle. Each $100 ticket entitles two to attend a Cajun shrimp boil dinner and raffle with a top prize of $5,000. Only 500 tickets will be sold. Tickets may be purchased from K-9 Design Grooming & Boarding, Bob’s Upholstery, Main Street Boutique and La Tiendita. For more information, call (575) 461-2515. 6 p.m. start, with doors opening at 5 p.m. Tucumcari Convention Center.
• Saturday — Neon and Route 66 Businesses Past and Present. It's a day of free admission at the Tucumcari Historical Museum. It will focus on Route 66 businesses, past and present, and the highway’s neon signs, along with two free bus tours to see Route 66 sites in Tucumcari. Tucumcari Historical Museum, 416 S. Adams St.
• July 26-27 — Quay County Rodeo. Concessions will be available beginning at 4:30 p.m. each day. The rodeo begins at 5 p.m. Schedule includes rough stock, barrels, poles, goat roping and roping events. Admission is $4 for adults and $2 for children, with programs costing $1 each. Quay County Fairgrounds.
• July 27 — Open mic night. This event welcomes artists of all types. Whether you make music, tell jokes, or write poems, pre-register with The Gallery Etc. to reserve your slot. Event is free, but donations are appreciated. The Gallery Etc., 201 S. Second St., Tucumcari.
• Aug. 1-3 — Rattler Reunion. The reunion hosts will be the Class of 1989. Events include a golf tournament, pancake breakfast, parade of classes, luncheons and the big Saturday night dinner. For more information, go to rattlerreunion.com. Tucumcari Convention Center.
• Aug. 2 — Fiesta Bingo. Play bingo at the Knights of Columbus for up to a $1,000 cash prize. Multiple winners will divide the prize. 7 to 10 p.m., 208 E. Main St., Tucumcari.
• Aug. 3 — Indoor Flea Market. Stop by the Knights of Columbus Hall from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. to see what treasures you can find. Tables available for $5. Concession will be available. 208 E. Main St., Tucumcari.
• Aug. 3 — Arts Sale and Cookie Bake-off. Come by The Gallery Etc. for a visit with our local vendors and shop for unique gifts and goods. Sample handmade cookies made by local bakers and vote for your favorite from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. 201 S. Second St., Tucumcari.
• Aug. 10 — “Patriotic Day.” The Tucumcari Historical Museum is hosting a celebration in remembrance of the military and veterans. There will be special guest speakers and fun for everyone. 416 S. Adams St.
• Aug. 14-18 — Quay County Fair. Home Arts entries are from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday and from 8 to 10 a.m. Wednesday. Exhibits open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. each day. Bibles & Burritos will be at 8 a.m. each morning. Junior Livestock shows are scheduled each evening, with the sale starting at 6 p.m. Saturday. Sun Valley Rides Carnival begins at 5 p.m. daily. Presale all-you-can-ride tickets will be $18 (must be purchased before fair). Quay County fairgrounds, Tucumcari.
• Aug. 19 — Quay County Democratic Party meeting. The organization meets the third Monday of each month at noon at the Pow Wow Restaurant meeting room. Meetings are open to the public, and it encourages anyone who is interested to join. Pow Wow Restaurant, 801 W. Route 66, Tucumcari.
• Aug. 20 — Republican Party of Quay County meeting. Meetings fall on the third Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. at the Quality Inn in Tucumcari. 3716 E. Tucumcari Blvd., Tucumcari.
• Sept. 28 — Wheels on Fire 100. An endurance bicycle event hosted in Tucumcari will go through San Jon, Grady and Ragland. Join in whether you’re super competitive or just out for adventure. Cost is $45 to $65. Riding begins at 8 a.m. Register at https://www.bikereg.com/wheels-on-fire-100 . Tucumcari Convention Center.
• Sept. 28 — Fired Up 2019. An all-day festival by Tucumcari MainStreet features live music, artisans, car show, children’s activities, glass blowing, Prince Tocum and Princess Kari, food booths and a fireworks display to close the night. Schedule is at https://tucumcarimainstreet.wildapricot.org/Fired-Up/ Tucumcari downtown railroad park.
• Oct. 11-12 — 12th annual Mesalands Community College Grand Canyon Region Intercollegiate Fall Rodeo. The first day of the rodeo begins at 6 p.m. Friday. Slack performances will begin at 9 a.m. Saturday with the championship performances later that day at 6 p.m. Quay County Fairgrounds, Tucumcari.
• Nov. 23 — Christmas Raffle Dinner and Dance. Christmas might come a little early if you win the Christmas raffle by the Tucumcari Columbus Club. Tickets are $50 per person for dinner and dancing; they are available from any Knights of Columbus member. The grand prize is $5,000 in cash, with eight other cash-prize drawings. The event runs from 6 p.m. to midnight. Tucumcari Convention Center.
To submit items for the calendar, call 575-461-1952 or email [email protected]