Calendar - April 1
April 1, 2020
Events subject to change due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic
• April 24-25 — Father’s Forge Daughters of the King Ladies Conference. The session begins at 7 p.m. Friday, April 24, and resumes from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday, April 25. The free conference will offer refreshments. For more information, call (575) 461-4200. 622 S. Lake St., Tucumcari.
• April 24-26 — 20th annual Chuck Wagon Cook Off. Chuck wagons will cook a meal in Dutch Ovens over hot wood coals. Meal consists of chicken fried steak, potatoes, beans, bread and fresh apple cobbler. Meal tickets are $15. Ute Lake State Park, Logan.
• June 5-6 — New Mexico Music Showcase. More information, including music lineups, for this annual event will be announced later at facebook.com/newmexicomusicshowcase. Those interested in being a vendor should contact Jonathan Brito at (575) 403-6035 or email [email protected] Tucumcari Convention Center.
• June 25-28 — Rockin’ Route 66. This festival in Tucumcari will be packed with live entertainment, a classic car and hot rod show, a vintage and hand-built motorcycle show, a pin-up contest and fashion show, a cruise down Route 66, a Taste of New Mexico, carnie sideshow performances, Kustom Kulture artists and builders, celebrity guests, a Black Collar Markette and more. More may be found at rockinroute66.com. Most events will be at the Tucumcari Convention Center.
• Sept. 26 — Wheels on Fire 100. Cyclists can enjoy a 25-, 50- or 100-mile ride on Route 666 and through the plains and mesas of Quay County. Prospective participants can sign up at http://www.bikereg.com/wheels-on-fire-100. Start and finish line at Tucumcari Convention Center.
• Sept. 26 — Fired Up. More information about the annual festival in downtown Tucumcari will be coming soon. Historic Railroad Depot Plaza, Second and Main streets, Tucumcari.
To submit items for the calendar, call 575-461-1952 or email: [email protected]