Calendar - March 9
March 9, 2022
Note: Events subject to change due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Friday-Sunday — Southwest Beef Symposium. This annual event, hosted by the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service and the New Mexico State University Cooperative Extension Service, gives beef producers a chance to catch up on the latest issues and innovations and keep up to date on information that can help with day-to-day operations. Go to nmbeef.nmsu.edu/ for more information. Quay County Fairgrounds, 1500 W. Route 66 Blvd., Tucumcari.
• Saturday — Tucumcari FFA alumni and supporters third annual enchilada dinner and dessert auction. This event from 6 to 8 p.m., with the auction at 7 p.m., will be hosted by the BPOE Elks Lodge 1172, 2118 S. Adams St. in Tucumcari.
• March 18 — San Jon School Carnival. This annual event helps the San Jon Student council and individual classes for expenses throughout the year. The junior class will host bingo games. Donations are tax-deductible. Prospective merchants are asked to call Tyra Moore at (806) 369-9138 or Stormi Sena at (575) 576-2466.
• April 16 — Easter Egg Hunt. The Tucumcari Disc Golf Club will host this event at Five Mile Park, with the hunt starting at 11 a.m.
• April 22-23 — 21st annual Chuckwagon Cookoff at Ute Lake State Park, Logan. The Saturday meal is $15. Call Bucky Stone at (575) 403-7860 or (575) 403-8320 for more information or for meal tickets.
• April 29-May 1 — Tucumcari Rawhide Days. The event will include a Texas longhorn show on April 30, a film festival, gunfighter show, chuck wagons, Southern Slam Dancers, biscuits-and-gravy breakfast, cowboy church, Tucumcari Historical Museum programs, cattle drive on Route 66 and more. For more details, go to tucumcarirawhidedays.com.
• June 24-26 — Rockin’ Route 66. This event will feature live music, classic cars and more of classic Americana. More details will be announced later at rockinroute66.com.
• Aug. 4-7 — Tucumcari Rattler Reunion. This annual event for all Rattler alumni primarily will take place at the Tucumcari Convention Center. More details will be announced later at rattlerreunion.com. Those with questions should email [email protected]
To submit items for the calendar, call 575-461-1952 or email [email protected]