Calendar - March 30
March 30, 2022
Note: Events subject to change due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Sunday — Wranglers 4-H Club political candidates forum. Quay County candidates have been invited to this forum at the Quay County Fairgrounds Exposition Center. A dessert auction fundraiser will be held for the club that day. 2 p.m.
• April 13 — Culpepper & Merriweather Circus. Performances at 5 and 7:30 p.m.; tickets will be available at Tucumcari/Quay County Chamber of Commerce, 404 W. Route 66 Blvd., Tucumcari Historical Museum, 416 S. Adams St., and Tucumcari Welcome Center/Old Town House Motel, 901 E. Route 66 Blvd. Cash only; tickets for adults are $12, children 2-12 and senior citizens (65 and older) are $7. Show-day tickets will be $15 and $8. Circus will be off 11th street on the Mesalands Community College campus. This event is sponsored by Tucumcari Historical Research Institute and Historical Museum. (575) 461-4201.
• April 16 — Easter Egg Hunt. The Tucumcari Disc Golf Club will host this event at Five Mile Park, with the hunt starting at 11 a.m.
• April 22-23 — 21st annual Chuckwagon Cookoff at Ute Lake State Park, Logan. The Saturday meal is $15. Call Bucky Stone at (575) 403-7860 or (575) 403-8320 for more information or for meal tickets.
• April 29-May 1 — Tucumcari Rawhide Days. The event will include a Texas longhorn show on April 30, a film festival, gunfighter show, chuck wagons, Southern Slam Dancers, biscuits-and-gravy breakfast, cowboy church, Tucumcari Historical Museum programs, cattle drive on Route 66 and more. For more details, go to tucumcarirawhidedays.com.
• June 24-26 — Rockin’ Route 66. This event will feature live music, classic cars and more of classic Americana. More details will be announced later at rockinroute66.com.
• Aug. 4-7 — Tucumcari Rattler Reunion. This annual event for all Rattler alumni primarily will take place at the Tucumcari Convention Center. More details will be announced later at rattlerreunion.com. Those with questions should email [email protected]
To submit items for the calendar, call 575-461-1952 or email [email protected]