Calendar - Feb. 8
February 8, 2023
• Saturday — Valentine’s Shrimp Boil. This feast from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Logan Civic Center benefits the Friends of Ute Lake State Park. Tickets are limited. For more information, call (575) 487-2284.
• Saturday — Diamondback STEM Paint Night & Cornhole tournament. The Tucumcari Elks Lodge is hosting a fundraiser for Tucumcari’s Diamondback STEM team from 4 to 8 p.m. The paint event is $25 per person with three designs from which to choose. The tourney is $40 per team with a 50% payout. Contact [email protected] or through Facebook at @Diamondback_STEM.
• Feb. 19, March 5 — Little League field cleanup day. Show your support for Quay County Little League players by lending a hand and helping clean up the field to get it ready for the upcoming season. Times for the cleanup will be noon on both days. The field is off South 14th Street in Tucumcari.
• Feb. 21 — Women’s United Galentine Paint and Sip Night. Have a glass of wine while you paint with other women looking to make a difference in their community. Linda Griggs will teach the class. The event from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Tucumcari Railroad Depot is hosted by the United Way of Eastern New Mexico. Text WURSVPQ to 41444 or go to igfn.us/f/4198/n to secure your spot.
• Feb. 25 — First annual Chess Tournament. This tournament is for beginner, intermediate and advanced players. Call or text (575) 815-4486 for more information. Jackalope Coffee Haus and Smoothie Bar at 211 S. Second St. in Tucumcari is hosting the event.
• April 1 — Easter egg hunt at Dunn Park, Tucumcari. This free event from 10 to noon will be for children from kindergarten through fifth grade only. The Pure Elegance Car Club and Tucumcari Disc Golf Club are organizing it. The clubs are asking for donations, with a $500 goal, to help put on the hunt.
• June 16-18 — Tucumcari Rawhide Days. The annual event that salutes the “Rawhide” TV show will feature team roping events, a ranch rodeo, gun show and target-shoot competition, stickhorse races, arts and crafts show, Old Route 66 car and motorcycle show, a parade, fishing derby, a 5K and 10K footrace, chuckwagon displays, cowboy church, golf tournament and a New Mexico Longhorn Breeders Association show. More information can be found at tucumcarirawhidedays.com.
• Sept. 9 — Fired Up Festival. This year’s Tucumcari MainStreet event will feature a stop by the Platinum Hop Tour lowriders. The festival in the Tucumcari Historic Railroad Plaza will run from noon to about 9 p.m.
To submit items for the calendar, call 575-461-1952 or email [email protected].