Calendar - July 6
July 6, 2022
Note: Events subject to change due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
• July 29-30 — Quay County 4-H Rodeo. Events start each day at 5 p.m. at the Quay County Fairgrounds arena in Tucumcari. Concessions will be available.
• July 30 — Down at the Depot. This event will feature live music, food trucks and arts and crafts booths in the Tucumcari Historic Railroad Depot near Second and Main streets. Festivities begin at 4 p.m.
• Aug. 4-7 — Tucumcari Rattler Reunion. This annual event for all Rattler alumni primarily will take place at the Tucumcari Convention Center. More details will be announced later at rattlerreunion.com. Those with questions should email [email protected].
• Aug. 10-13 — Quay County Fair. Livestock shows will run daily, and home-arts entries will be accepted from 8 a.m. to noon on Aug. 10. Children’s events on Saturday include the Itty Bitty Rodeo, pet parade and quarter toss. Area clubs will cook hamburgers, hot dogs and baked potatoes at the concession stand throughout the fair. Quay County Fairgrounds, Tucumcari.
• Aug. 27 — Down at the Depot. This event will feature live music, food trucks and arts and crafts booths in the Tucumcari Historic Railroad Depot near Second and Main streets. Festivities begin at 4 p.m.
• Sept. 17 — Free Museum Day. Take part in free admission at the Mesalands Dinosaur Museum, Tucumcari Railroad Museum, Tucumcari Historical Museum and New Mexico Route 66 Museum, all in Tucumcari, from 1 to 4 p.m.
• Sept. 17 — Tucumcari Rotary Club Golf Tournament. Proceeds from this event at Tucumcari Municipal Golf Course will fund Rotary scholarships for local high-school students. Sponsorship slots are available, and ball-drop tickets will go on sale soon. Registration will be set up soon. First tee time is scheduled for 10 a.m. For more information, go to https://rotary5520.org/clubinfo/tucumcari.
• Sept. 24 — Fired Up festival. The free annual event will feature art and food booths, fiery entertainment by Odd Lab, car show, fireworks, Prince Tocum and Princess Kari contest and more at the Tucumcari Historic Railroad Plaza near Second and Main streets from 4 to 9 p.m.
• Oct. 1 — Free Fun Run. Participate in a 5-kilometer run or walk from Kvols Park in Tucumcari. Registration begins at the park at 7:30 a.m., with the starting gun at 8 a.m.
To submit items for the calendar, call 575-461-1952 or email [email protected].